CORPORATE MEDIA RELEASE
NORGINE’S PERFORMANCE IN 2017 AND PRIORITIES FOR 2018
- Continues long track record of growth. 2017 Net Sales were €345million, up 17 per cent
- Receives European approval and launch PLENVU®
- Strengthens its position with the acquisition of Merus Labs International Inc. for C$342m
- Norgine’s products used by over 15 million patients
AMSTERDAM. The Netherlands. 26 February 2018. 08:00 AM CET.
Norgine continues to execute its Vision 2020:
- Drive the performance of its products through its European and Australian infrastructure
- Accelerate its growth strategy
In house products:
- MOVICOL® – despite generic competition our leading anti-constipation product maintained its leading position with sales declining slightly to €157million (2016: €159million)
- MOVIPREP® – our 2Litre bowel preparation for colonoscopy – achieved sales of €57million, up 7% (2016: €53million)
- PLENVU® – received European approval and launched the first 1Litre bowel preparation for colonoscopy
Key in-licensed products:
- XIFAXAN® – our hepatic encephalopatic treatment – saw sales of €51million, up 24% (2016: €41million)
- LYMPHOSEEK® – new radiopharmaceutical used in sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB), in adult patients with breast cancer, melanoma, or localised squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity – launched in Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK
Key acquired products:
- Merus Labs International portfolio – acquired 12 established products including SINTROM®, EMSELEX®, ELANTAN®, ISOKET®, DEPONIT®, SALAGEN® and ESTRADERM®which are sold across Europe and in other selected markets and VANCOCIN® which is sold in Canada. Contributed to €31million since acquisition on 17 July 2017
NORGINE STRENGTHENS ITS POSITION AS THE ‘GO TO’ EU SPECIALIST PHARMA COMPANY PARTNER OF CHOICE
- Merus Labs International This acquisition increased Norgine’s scale and profitability, helping to strengthen the business and attract new opportunities in the future
- Apharm s.r.l. Norgine expanded its partnership with Apharm s.r.l by entering into an exclusive distribution deal for ZIVEREL®PLUS, a line extension of ZIVEREL®. This deal expands on Norgine’s existing collaboration with Apharm s.r.l. under which Norgine is distributing ZIVEREL® in Europe, Australia and New Zealand
Peter Stein, CEO of Norgine: “2017 was a transformational year for Norgine. We successfully executed our strategy as the ‘ go to’ European Specialist Pharma Company to grow like for like sales of our existing products, gain approval of PLENVU® in Europe and acquire and integrate Merus Labs International Inc. Our strategy is working. We have a solid foundation for sustained growth in revenue and profitability. 2018 is a year of acceleration for Norgine. We will continue to focus on maximising the sales of our existing products while also pursuing new opportunities to bring transformative products to patients”.
Listen to Peter Stein, CEO of Norgine discussing 2017 performance and 2018 objectives
Notes to Editors:
Norgine is a leading European specialist pharmaceutical company with a direct commercial presence in all major European markets. In 2017, Norgine’s total net sales were EUR 345 million, up 17 per cent.
Norgine employs over 1,000 people across its commercial, development and manufacturing operations and manages all aspects of product development, production, marketing, sale and supply.
Norgine specialises in gastroenterology, hepatology, cancer and supportive care.
Norgine is headquartered in the Netherlands. Norgine owns a R&D site in Hengoed, Wales and two manufacturing sites in Hengoed, Wales and Dreux, France.
For more information, please visit www.norgine-it-t1.wmno.uk
In 2012, Norgine established a complementary business Norgine Ventures, supporting innovative healthcare companies through the provision of debt-like financing in Europe and the US. For more information, please visit www.norgineventures.com.
NORGINE and the sail logo are trademarks of the Norgine group of companies.
Isabelle Jouin, T: +44 (0)1895 453643
Follow us @norgine